Sand & Garnet Abrasive
Silica-Free Sandblasting Abrasive
Silica-free sand is a safe, standard abrasive good for a variety of different uses, including blasting heavy rust and deep profile cuts.
Silica-Free Sandblasting Uses:
- Removal of heavy rust and thick paint
- Concrete and pipe
- Metal frame stripping
- Industrial & farm equipment
- Boats and other watercraft
Garnet abrasive is a naturally occuring mineral deposit are used for abrasive purposes. It can be recycled and used as an alternative to aluminium oxide, chilled iron or steel grit. Garnet abrasive is one of the most effective, safe, and versatile medias for blast cleaning. Inert and non-toxic, it's safe for use around bodies of water. It is also very easy to clean, and doesn't produce as much dust as other expendable abrasives, making it particularly suited for use in confined spaces.
Compared to crushed glass, garnet has a higher hardness and density, making it faster at cutting.
Garnet Abrasive Uses:
- Aluminium & fibreglass structure cleaning
- Dry docks, bridges & harbours
- Surface preparation for industrial painting or powder coating
- Tanks, containers and boilers
- Pumps and blowers
- Pulp and paper and plywood mills
- Conveyors and turbines